Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sex hardware - plumbing the depths

This is not strictly a brand story, but it took place in Bunnings this weekend,when my wife broke the taboo and accompanied me on the weekend pilgrimage. Being a Bunnings story qualifies it as a brand experience for me.

I won't bore you with the background to why I visited the plumbing department, except to say I was embedded in conversations with brass fittings when she asked me what I was looking for. I said there's no point in explaining and carried on.

I yielded on persistent questioning and advised I was looking for a 3/4 male into 1/2 female reducer. It was an inevitable response: "how can you have fittings that are both male and female. Last week you were telling me we had a male lemon tree, now you're looking for things that are both."

Another weekend warrior laughed as he overheard this, nodding knowingly in my direction - that sort of "serves you right, you should know not to bring them" look.

But worse was to come. She collared one of those semi-retired tradies Bunnings employs to help out deviant male-female shoppers. Having heard what I was looking for, he said: "Oh. You're after a nipple."

My wife was last seen heading for the car park. No way she was going to be seen at the check out with a trolley load of adult toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts on this, drop them here...